Hello and welcome to the website for the San Diego Cherokee Community. We are a satellite community of the Cherokee Nation created to act as the official point of contact between the Cherokee Nation and its citizens in the San Diego County area. We were formed in 2007.
Our vision is to:
• Promote and nurture the historical values for Cherokee citizens living outside the Cherokee Nation boundaries.
• To learn and retain Cherokee language and culture for future generations.
• To be knowledgeable and assist the tribal nation in the issues facing modern Cherokee citizens.
• To disseminate information on issues and to act as liaison for the Cherokee Nation.
• To work in concert with other pilot California citizen organizations for the benefit of the Cherokee Nation as a whole.
This organization will be directed predominately by citizens of the Cherokee Nation. However, non-citizen Cherokees, family members, and non-Indians with an interest in the Cherokee Nation are also welcome to participate.
Schedule of Regular San Diego Cherokee Community Meetings:
Sept. 9 - Gene Norris, Senior Genealogist, Cherokee Nation - A Cherokee Nation Cultural Presentation
Please join us at
Please bring an item for the Potluck, according to your last name initial:
A-H Salad I-M Side dish N-Z Desert
Please bring your non-alcoholic beverage. Water, coffee, and fried chicken will be provided.
Hope to see you there!
More information about this meeting when available will be here.
Oct. 21 -- Chief's meeting at Admiral Baker Field
Dec. 9 -- Year end get together
For more information, please email us at here .
All meetings will be held at The Veterans Museum in Balboa Park unless otherwise stated from 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
All events are subject to change.
If you wish to have more information about any event or any other information, please contact us at SanDiegoCherokeeCom@gmail.com.
We hope you will plan to join us.