Hello and welcome to the website for the San Diego Cherokee Community. We are a satellite community of the Cherokee Nation created to act as the official point of contact between the Cherokee Nation and its citizens in the San Diego County area. We were formed in 2007.
Our vision is to:
• Promote and nurture the historical values for Cherokee citizens living outside the Cherokee Nation boundaries.
• To learn and retain Cherokee language and culture for future generations.
• To be knowledgeable and assist the tribal nation in the issues facing modern Cherokee citizens.
• To disseminate information on issues and to act as liaison for the Cherokee Nation.
• To work in concert with other pilot California citizen organizations for the benefit of the Cherokee Nation as a whole.
This organization will be directed predominately by citizens of the Cherokee Nation. However, non-citizen Cherokees, family members, and non-Indians with an interest in the Cherokee Nation are also welcome to participate.
Schedule of Regular San Diego Cherokee Community Meetings:
Mar. 12 -- Indian Healthcare and You 12:30-3:30 pm
May 21 -- Spring Picnic at Lake Murray
June, July, August: No meetings
Oct. 21 -- Chief's meeting at Admiral Baker Field
For more information, please email us at here .
All meetings will be held at The Veterans Museum in Balboa Park unless otherwise stated from 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
All events are subject to change
If you wish to have more information about this event or any other information, please contact us at SanDiegoCherokeeCom@gmail.com.
We hope you will plan to join us.